Reactions to NY Climate Bill July 01 2019, 0 Comments
From the Politico New York Energy newsletter (2019 06 24), here are some reactions to the newly passed Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act:
- Columbia Law's Michael Gerard outlines in the New York Daily News the tough challenges ahead in implementing the ambitious climate goals.
- The Empire Center's Ken Giardin argues in the New York Post that the state's efforts won't dent global emissions but could "ruin" the state.
- The Albany Business Review examines the implications for industry of the climate law.
- The New York Daily News editorial board says "the plan isn't even close to being written."
- The Manhattan Institute's Robert Bryce highlights in the New York Post the global supply chain issues with electrifying the transportation sector.
- Gannett's LoHud breaks the bill down for its readers.