New ! 2019 11 19 Large Geo Systems Workshop & Tour Workshop from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Tour from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Auburn Memorial City Hall 24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021 This workshop event is specifically designed to show architects, engineers, HVAC contractors, municipalities, commercial building owners, and multi-family developers how to design an HVAC system worthy of being called geothermal. Workshop Presenters:
- John D. Manning, PE designed the system installed at Memorial City Hall in 2003, and trains and supports hundreds of geothermal contractors through Phoenix Energy Supply and Earth Sensitive Solutions.
- Jens Ponikau is the co-owner of Buffalo Geothermal Heating, and will talk about his experience designing geothermal for multi-family buildings.
- William Lupienis superintendent of engineering services for the City of Auburn, and will share the 16 years of experience of Memorial City Hall’s geothermal system.
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) experts will discuss their Clean Heating and Cooling program as well as other relevant commercial building programs.
We are pursuing approval of AIA and PDH credits for this training. Stay tuned at HeatSmartCNY.org! HeatSmart CNY is a non-profit community education campaign supported by NYSERDA which makes it easier and more affordable to install modern, efficient, clean heating and cooling solutions.
New ! 2019 11 21 FlexTech Funding for Heat Smart Feasibility Studies Optimize the Value of Your Energy Investments Through FlexTech and On-site Energy Manager -Thursday, November 21 - 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM - Click here to register! - Energy studies are often the first step to determining the overall energy performance of your business. They can provide invaluable information and data to help you build an effective energy strategy and comprehensive capital plan. Having highly trained and dedicated staff to identify energy-saving opportunities and improvements is critical to making your energy strategy successful. The FlexTech and Onsite Energy Programs offered by NYSERDA will help you meet these needs and maximize the value of your investments. They provide cost-share support for businesses interested in receiving technical assistance, undertaking energy studies, or hiring an On-site Energy Manager to identify energy, process, and operational improvements.
New ! 2020 02 04 New York Solar Energy Society Conference: Energy Efficiency & Renewables: NY State Summit - Electrifying Our Energy Needs
- New R & D
- How to Achieve Net Zero
- Mass Transportation
- NYS Policy to Match the Goals of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act
Hilton Garden Inn Troy, Osborne Auditorium 235 Hoosick Street, Troy, New York 12180 - 7:45 am – 5:30 pm
Exhibitors and Sponsors - Click here for info - Confirmed Speakers:
- Richard Perez, PhD, SUNY
- Tom Thompson, Solaria
- Kevin Bailey, High Peaks Solar
- Mark Richardson, US Light Energy
- Dennis Phayre, Entersolar
- Winter Clark, ETM Solar
2020 03 25&26 - NY-GEO 2020 – Marriott Hotel – Wolf Road Albany
2020 04 06-09 The National Geothermal Exchange Organization is a Supporting Organization of the Electrification 2020 International Conference & Exposition, hosted by the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) on April 6-9, 2020 in Charlotte, North Carolina.