NY-GEO Strategic Plan
NY-GEO’s Policy Advisory Board has been working with the Board of Directors to develop a strategic plan for the organization. We will be adding elements of the plan to this website as they are developed and adopted. We have adopted this model for the plan:
Adopted to date:
Mission: Grow the geothermal heat pump industry and develop its workforce, while educating policy makers and residents about the benefits of geothermal heat pumps. Adopted 2020 08 10
Vision: NY GEO is the driving force in the mass adoption of Ground Source (Geothermal) Heat Pumps for residential, commercial and utility scale heating and cooling in New York State. Adopted 2020 09 14
- Ensure that New York State sets clear targets and timetables in order to end fossil fuel heating and cooling and reach the CLCPA goals.
- Make Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHP) the preferred HVAC system of choice in New York State.
- Facilitate education so that every person in NYS is familiar with GSHPs.
- Create consistency in GSHP building permit applications and make it easier to install quality GSHPs in New York State.
- Collaborate with NYS DEC to review and revise GSHP-related drilling regulations.
- Encourage the adoption of new GSHP system technological advances that drive and accelerate beneficial electrification.
- Remain the voice of the geothermal heat pump industry in New York State.
Adopted 2021 01 04